Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday!

I do not like people who think they always have the answer, their ideas and thoughts supersede yours, their family stories are more important than yours. These people are unteachable, unreasonable and just appear to be fools in my book.

I am trying to develop a new persona of myself to not let people like that mess with my growth, but let me tell you it is a hard pill to swallow because I want to call them out on their ish.  Anyway, today is Good Friday and our minds should be set right on the meaning of this weekend.  It's not about pretty clothes, hats or shoes, it's not about eggs or rabbits but about our savior Jesus Christ who died for our sins.

Anita Carman’s Easter Reflections 
Since Easter is around the corner, I wanted to share this reflection with you. Someone asked me what Easter meant to me and this is what I said: 

Easter reminds me I serve a God who stayed focused to finish His mission. From the day He began His mission, Jesus was headed towards the cross.  He knew what He had to do in order to save the world.  He knew there was no other way to satisfy God but to be the ultimate sacrifice to pay for the sins of the world.  When He was arrested, He did not say, “Peter promised to be here. Since he left, I can leave too!”  When He was tortured He did not say, “I did not expect it to be this hard.”  

When He could not feel God’s presence the next words out of His mouth were, “Into your hands I commit my spirit.” How can you commit your spirit into the hands of someone you just said wasn’t there? Though He did not feel God’s presence, He chose to believe God was there. And He chose to finish in faith even when He did not feel God’s presence. A close friend reminded me that Jesus spoke the words of Psalms 31:5 when He said “Into your hands I commit my spirit…” NIV. Those are words of worship. Even in His agony, Jesus worshipped His way out of life on earth into His Father’s presence. As you serve, instead of burning out, just imagine worshipping out. Let us worship every day from now till eternity!  

Easter is God’s proclamation to the world that Jesus finished what He came into the world to do. He paid the full penalty for sin and saved the world. As a result, those who accept the gift of Jesus’ sacrifice will enter heaven.  

I serve a God who stayed focused. And I serve a God who finished. I serve a God with the courage to leave some people behind who did not understand God's standards so He could stay committed to saving the world. This Easter, do you need the power of the resurrected Christ to walk away from some people or some things so you can stay focused and finish well? 

Happy Easter from my heart to yours!

Anita Carman, Founder and President

Inspire Women


Feel Good-Good Friday Song: Step Aside - Yolanda Adams





No comments: