Some people just do not know when to draw the biblical line and begin the humility line. We all go through trails and tribulations, struggles, mistakes, accidents or whatever you would like to call your present situation, and as humans we want to know that others feel some type of empathy or sympathy to our situation. I am going on the assumption that we all pray about our situations to who ever our higher being is. So when I tell someone what I am going through I am not looking for scripture recital or pray or even a bible play-by-play. What I am looking for is to know that you are there as a person for me, and yes there are times I will need to hear the biblical comfort BUT there are some days I would like to hear "it's gonna be okay", "I am here for you", "If you need a laugh call me" there will be times I do not want to hear you speak, this is when I just need a comforting hug, smile, hold my hands.... it is the little things that makes us human. I do not need an "I told you so" or "the bible says" or even a lecture on knowing better..... The little things that restores our faith in mankind and humanity.
I have come to the conclusion that MOST "religious nuts" have not been through any sort of human experiences therefore, they do not know how to relate to "people" so they mask their empathy with religion. Occasionally, we run across the "religious nuts" who are so guilty for their past sins and have finally "found GOD" that they believe if they show any signs of humility then they are admitting they too were not perfect and had flaws so they mask that with religion.
What religious nuts fail to realize is that they do more damage to their salvation than good, GOD has choose fruits of the spirit over religious nuts.
Video of the day: "Unsung HERO"
Imagine if we all lived our lives like this guy - no lectures, no questions.......... just feelings, emotions, empathy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment